Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Greatest Royal Rumble: 1992


The 1992 Royal Rumble will always be the greatest rumble of all time. Just ask anyone who was a fan of pro wrestling in the late 80's and 90's. Ric Flair lasting for 59 minutes and elimating Sid Justice to win the championship should be the first thing they think of when the name Royal Rumble is uttered. The only other moment in Royal Rumble history that beats it is Ric Flair's promo after winning the title. Which by the way, I consider the world's greatest wrestling promo ever caught on film.


I hate to say I told you so, but .....I told you so. It really doesn't get any better than that. Just look at Mr Perfect and The Brain smiling with joy. Then you have Mean Gene telling someone to "Put that cigarette out", which I would love to hear the story behind that. Was there really someone smoking a cigarette during that interview or did Mean Gene just pull that out of his ass? Either way it's awesome. That promo is what pro wrestling is all about, and that is why Ric Flair is "A Wrestling God".

1 comment:

  1. Greatest Rumble, Promo, and Poster all from the same event.. Truly Magical... I think I have this event on VHS some where,, I Dont know what'll take me longer to find the tape or a VCR.. Was Jack Tunny smokin a butt off screen?

    ReplyDelete